Peace in our future
The Peacebuilders program is a framework through which the August 7th Memorial Park works with communities to build sustainable peace.
The program started as a Children’s Club formed in
We’ve engaged 2,000 children with 350 of them
regularly coming to the Park for club activities
What we do
The program engages children, youth and the community through different activities aimed at empowering them to build sustainable peace
Our activities fall under these categories:
- Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) sensitization sessions at the park.
- Club meet–ups and Stir-up sessions at the Park.
- An inter–generational Women in Peace-building
- A Police and Teachers engagement program.
- Inter – generation skills transfer gathering between
children and the elderly.
- Environmental clean–ups and Tree planting.
- A youth-centred Arts for Social Change program.
- Art therapy sessions.